Tuesday, July 28, 2009

A Time Long Ago

One of the things many people don't realize, that even on big budget films, press interviews take place long after the completion of production. Actors and directors are often asked to comment on projects that they haven't thought about in a year or more. They are already working on their next movie. This was kind of the case with our recent interviews. Although Rich and I have been active in the entire post production process - a process that still continues - there are aspects of story and theme that we haven't thought about in a long time. Rich has completed another film and I've written two screenplays since wrapping production on "Ranchero." And speaking only for myself, I had to review some of the ideas and concepts that were in my head during the conception of the piece. This was both exciting and nerve racking. Am I still talking about the same movie? How has time altered what we set out to achieve and what we did achieve? Has the feedback of viewers and critics affected our perception? It can get kind of heady. I'm anxious to watch the completed interview segment to see if I made any sense at all.

Brian

No comments: